Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Momentum

I sold a pair of earrings recently and that customer today emailed me to say, could I make her four more pairs? I got another email timestamped a few minutes afterward to say, oops, make that five pairs. !!!!!!!!!

I think that if I could just get the word out, a lot of people would really like what I make. But I'm not active enough and I don't make enough examples for it to be easy for people to find them. I need to make a new shop with a new name, and honestly it's just a stupid excuse for me, that I don't know what to name it...I keep telling myself as soon as I come up with a good name, I'll make a new shop for my origami pieces. I should just DO it. Names, names, names! I just need to pick one, the name doesn't really matter as long as Letterbox Lion is still fine for the other one and has a domain name and everything.

But time seems so lacking recently...I will have about a half-hour of downtime after class today before I go out of town for two days...and I didn't finish making the copper piece I started yesterday. Midterm season is almost over...I just have to power through it. Oh, man, the kanji part of my Japanese midterm...that was not pretty. Let's hope that doesn't affect my grade too much. Oh well, things should be looking up soon!

On that note, looking for an apartment in Boston...man, everything is so expensive here. My friend lives in Troy, New York, and he has an apartment that I could AFFORD, on my 15-hour a week dining hall job...but getting an apartment around here is six times the rent, I'll need help to afford it even with a roommate.

Also, I got my packages...I've been floating around with fire agate and carnelian and garnets and sunstones in my head. Sunstones! I splurged and bought some GORGEOUS little rondelles with fantastic chatoyance, I'm so happy...the only problem is that the holes are very small and I don't have a bead awl, so I need to figure out how to show them off best using small-gauge wire...and I'd like to have the wide part forward in some cases (some of them are just so pretty it would be a shame to only see the sides)so I need to figure out how to do that when I can only fit one wire through the hole. I'll do it though! I've already started.

2 comments:

  1. what a great blog! I`m so happy I found it! Here is so many inspirations and I love it! <3

    Have a nice time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paula! I'm truly glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know what you think!