Tuesday, April 26, 2011

YOJ Entry for Week 16

SPECTRUM - this is a short entry and I don't have that much to say about it, not because I don't like it as much as my other stuff, but because...well...it all happened so QUICKLY! It's like somehow managing to date a guy for only a week and then afterward trying to reflect on the relationship...it happened, I don't know what to say. This is what came out of it, anyway. It took me less than an hour to make and until it was done I wasn't sure what exactly I was making. It actually started out as a bracelet, true story.

Picture Jasper in a muted rainbow pattern suspended on hammered copper. When the pendant is hung, it balances itself out so that both sides have stones in a curve...how to explain it? The center is where it should be, where it was designed to be. I can't describe that any way other than "I might have been afraid it wouldn't work out, but it did." Maybe I ought to call it Harmony instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know what you think!