Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Prospects

So.......

I'm considering the prospect of opening another shop. I know, I'm already managing three-ish, considering my different sites, and opening another on Etsy would mean another on ArtFire and Zibbet, too. But I think it might be worth the time investment...I want to separate my two lines. I think that seeing jewelry made of paper right next to jewelry made of gemstones might put off potential customers, and then, pricing such things relative to each other is rather screwy - the origami pieces take me much longer but cost much less to make. I don't think I want to put them next to my newer work anymore, because they probably seem too expensive when compared. They are difficult pieces and I really can't charge less for them, but I charge relatively little for my gemstone pieces, (I should probably work on that, actually, since pricing affects perceived value) and when things like my Thunderhead earrings are only a little bit higher-priced than Starburst wrapper earrings...well, it's incongruous.

I know not many people are following me yet, but I'd appreciate opinions. And also potential names! I'd like to connect it to LetterboxLion in some way - I've considered TheGreenLion as a username but apparently it's taken on Etsy already...and for some reason, LetterboxGolden keeps popping into my head. Any thoughts?


Also,
Earth Drops - chrysocolla on oxidized copper, like water beading down a string, if the water were a tiny little earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know what you think!